This recipe has been sitting in my draft box for a while now, but for some reason I really never got around to making it. Today, it’s very cold and at the moment it’s snowing and I don’t want to make soup, so I decided on this delicious pasta dish which will work just fine. New Year Eve seems to getting closer, and I still haven’t planned out the New Year Eve Menu not really sure what it is I want to make 🙁 but one thing I do know for sure is we will be making the classic Greek Cake Vasilopita.
During the holidays we tend to make too much food and this means too many leftovers. This year there was wayyy to much leftovers than previous years, the reason as you all know was due to the fact of the passing of our dog Marka, no one really had a appetite for eating big…:( Life must go on and so it will as the New Year approaches.
I hope you enjoy this delicious pasta dish not to many ingredients and very quick to make. 🙂
LINGUINI WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE (MAKARONIA ME TOMATA SALSA)
- 1 package of Linguinie
- 6 fresh grated Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 /4 cup Vegetable Stock or 2 cubes of Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion diced
- Parmesan Cheese
- In a large pot add in the olive oil and the grated tomatoes. Let this simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and let it boil for 1/2 hour.
- In a Pasta pot add in salted water and boil pasta.
- Cook for 15 minutes, at least that’s what the package I bought said… but each pasta has a different boiling time. Top with Tomato Sauce and Cheese and just enjoy the delicious taste…:)