This is soup season with the cold coming in strong what better comfort food to have than soup. So many different recipes for Chicken soup, I find it so difficult to choose which one is or could be my favorite.
This soup is so different from the others because I have tweaked it slightly so by adding bay leaf, and I have not added any vegetables because I wanted the taste from the bay leaf to stand out from the rest of the ingredients. I hope you enjoy 🙂
A TASTE OF TRADITIONAL CHICKEN SOUP WITH RICE
- 2 pieces of boiled Chicken shredded breast or thighs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole Onion
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Rice
- 6 cups water
- Salt and Pepper
- Add the water, chicken and the whole onion into a large sauce pot and boil until chicken has cooked. When the chicken is ready take it out of the pot and set it aside for later use.
- Add in the Olive Oil, bay leaf, salt and pepper, leave the onion in the pot to continue boiling with the rest of the ingredients for about 30 minutes.
- Shred the chicken into small pieces and add into the boiling pot along with the rice. The rice I have used is specifically for soups, but you can use any rice of your choice. Let this simmer until rice has been cooked.
- I have to apologize for not having pictures, but ummm I deleted them by accident. I thought I had uploaded them but I realized after deleting them that they were not.