How is everyone? Good Friday for most around the world. I am sure that some of you are probably already traveling or are packing for a trip. You might be visiting family, or friends in other parts of the country or the world. To those of you who are travelling, have a great trip and be safe. 🙂
My mom arrived yesterday. She will be spending Easter with us, our Easter is on April 28th. so I had to make something that was quick before I was off to the airport. I picked up a few Zucchinis and Tomatoes to make this delicious pizza. I had about just under an hour to put this together. So, I quickly washed, sliced the Veggies and placed them into my baking pan. I had already pre-heated the so called oven and popped it in the for 30 minutes. Can you believe it, for the first time this gadget of an oven baked the pizza in UNDER 30 MINUTES!!!! I still can’t believe it!! 🙂 Wooo hoooo
I ran to the car, threw in my bag and off I went to the airport. The airport is about 45 minutes from my house, so the drive there was great, no traffic, music playing. Mom arrived on time, she picked up her luggage, and all went well..until we hit the highway after exiting Schipol Airport!! A 45 minute drive back home turned into a 2 1/2 hour drive!!! I tried to find a gas station to stop, to get out of the car and stretch our legs, but that was completely out of the question. There are a lot of tourists visiting with mobile homes this time of year so it was looking for a needle in a haystack pffff. 🙁 So, we finally got home after this ridiculously long drive, walked into the house, dropped the luggage, made coffee and caught up on what’s going on back home. 🙂 Nice!!!
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO PIZZA
- 5 Tomatoes washed and sliced
- 2 medium size Zucchinis
- 3 tablespoons Oregano
- 4 slices of Toast
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Parmezan Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper optional
- Wash both Tomatoes, and Zucchini.
- Thinly slice Zucchini and Tomatoes.
- Oil brush a medium size baking pan. Layer the bottom of the baking pan with Zucchini, and then on layer of Tomatoes.
- Top with Oregano, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese (Salt and Pepper)
- Place the toast on top of the layer of Tomatoes.
- Pour 1/2 of the Olive oil over the bread.
- Layer the rest of the ingredients. Top off with the left over Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, Oregano, and the Olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a pre – heated oven.