Hey there!!! How is everyone doing? I am fine having fun with my friend this week, sightseeing and just catching up on things. Tammy a couple of days ago decided that she was going to cook a Yogurt Soup Recipe from her native country Georgia (not the US), I was quite surprised to hear that a Yogurt Soup recipe even existed. 🙂 When she finished making the soup it was time to taste it. I was curious…very curious, I took the first sip and guess what!!! it was a delicious surprise, it reminded of the Greek Egg Sauce that we use in our Greek Chicken Soup. 🙂
At first when she mentioned that she was going to be cooking Yogurt Soup I was a bit hesitant, but then I thought it would be a new taste, it has Yogurt in it so I have to give it a try. It is such a light soup and from what she told me this is a great option if you are on a diet. This is why I love cooking and baking, you learn about so many beautiful recipes that exist in other cultures, and it is always a wonderful surprise. 🙂
Today, is her last day before she heads back home tomorrow, I have to admit I am sad and happy at the same time, it was great having her here and we had a fantastic time together visiting Museums, Amsterdam, and many other places. 🙂
Let me know if you try this recipe, I am curious to hear your feedback…:) Have a great weekend everyone!!
- 500 grams Greek Yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Dill finely chopped
- 3 litres of Water
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- In a large pot add the olive oil and onion, sauté until onion turns into a light brown color.
- In a bowl add in the Yogurt and flour, stir a few times,
- then add in the eggs and stir quickly,
- until it turns into a creamy texture.
- Add the water into the pot, then pour in the Yogurt mixture and dill. Stir until soup has thickened.