It has been very cold here these past few days with temperature hitting -10 brrrrr. I know that this cold front has hit most of Europe and will continue until I think until Sunday. I took Charlie for his morning walk, the lake near our home has frozen (of course), some of the kids in our neighborhood were Ice Skating. Charlie was sitting very close to the water, and was watching the ducks doing their own slippin and a sliding on the ice. 🙂 He kept turning his head sideways from left to right, I on the other hand could not stop laughing…not at the duckies, but at Charlie and his curiosity. 🙂
So I think the best way to warm up from this cold weather is with another great warm bowl of soup. 🙂 Vegetable soup is on the menu for today, with different veggies and peppers…love to add Red Bell Peppers into this soup, it gives it such a nice sweetness.
Tomorrow is the first day of a new month March so this was a nice way to end my month of food blogging. 🙂
WARMING UP WITH A BOWL OF VELVETY CARROT, TOMATO, CELERY & POTATO SOUP
- 3 Celery Sticks cut in half
- 5 Potatoes chopped
- 2 Leeks chopped
- 5 fresh Tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Zucchini chopped
- 1 litre Water
- 2 Lemon Juice
- Chop and dice the vegetables.
- In a large pot add in the water, all the vegetables, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Boil for 1/2 hr and until all the vegetables are soft. Place boiled vegetables into a food processor and puree the vegetables. Place puree into pot again and cook for 1 hr.