I mentioned the other day that my arm was not doing well, I was feeling better yesterday but not enough to cook a normal meal. The easiest dish to make was a salad and this one is my hubby’s favorite andddddd this is also one of my mother – in – laws recipes. 🙂 I remember when she was still hosting parties that everyone use to jump right into this salad first! I couldn’t understand why but it was always the first dish to go.
Chopping the potatoes and pickles were a challenge, it took me a quite a while to get it done but for the rest of the ingredients I just picked up a package of frozen peas and carrots and added into the potatoes to boil. I just wanted to emphasize that for this recipe after boiling the veggies they need to be drain from excess water all night long. I asked my mother in law what was the reason for draining it all night long and she responded with “It seems to me that it just tastes better” hahahaha…it really is up to you if you want to wait to eat it the following day. But to be honest I have been doing this step for years and I think she just might have a point. 🙂
SUMMER RUSSIAN SALAD
- 4 cups Potatoes boiled and cubed
- 4 cups Mayonaisse
- 1 cup Pickles chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Capers
- 3 cups Carrots chopped
- 1 cup Peas frozen
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- Cut potatoes into small pieces and add into a pot filled with salted water.
- Add Carrots and Peas into pot along with vegetable stock and boil for 20 minutes.
- Once veggies have drained place into a bowl.
- Add Pickles
- and Capers, continue by mixing up the veggies.
- In a large bowl add the Mayo along with a teaspoon of Dijon Mustard and beat.
- I do hope you enjoy this salad as much as we do…Have a great weekend everyone!!