Spring has found us hoorayyy,,,yesterday was such a beautiful, sunny, the birds chirping, ducks were quacking..we have a small lake a few feet away from our home so we do have ducks and in each May two swans appear and stay for a couple of weeks before they move on.
I had many errands to do yesterday so I was out most of the day. When I finally returned home, I didn’t have much time to cook, so I made this delicious Lentil Salad with a variety of peppers, dill , (love that dill) scallions, and fresh cherry tomatoes. Not only was this a delicious salad to eat, but it was also so delightful to look at because it’s so colorful. 🙂
SPRING LENTIL SALAD
- 1 1/2 cup Lentils
- 1 package of Lettuce your choice
- 6 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Dill diced
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Orange Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- Olive Oil
- 1 lemon
- In a large sauce pan add water and boil lentil for 1/2 hr and until soft. Once they have boiled drain, and wash out throughly with cold running water.
- Chop peppers into small cubes.
- Dice dill, scallions, and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a large salad bowl start by layering lettuce of your choice, then add a layer of lentil, peppers, dill. Continue with another layer of lettuce, lentil, peppers, dill and top off with the last layer, lettuce, lentil, peppers, top with dill, scallions.
- Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper mix and enjoy.