Coming from a Greek background you would think that coming up with a recipe would be an easy task. Well, believe it or not, it’s not. I sometimes have those days of not knowing what to prepare and Saturday was one of those days. So, after asking my hubby a few times and not getting any response I went ahead and prepared this Spinach, Potatoe, Egg Bake.
This all-in-one meal is definitely simple and appetizing. A great choice for brunch, lunch, or even dinner! Dinner, yes why not? It’s quick, and I think everyone loves potatoes and eggs. Spinach is a whole different story. I used packaged mini-size potatoes for this recipe, it was much faster. I also combined smoked paprika spice with a few tablespoons of olive oil and baked the potatoes before adding all the other ingredients.
Did you by any chance notice the towel next to the pan? I hope you did!! This beautiful towel was made by Chef Krystina from @kouzounaskitchen Chef Krystina also makes lovely aprons but I will save that for another post. If you would like to have your own logo on towels or aprons, pop over to @kouzounaskitchen and DM Chef Krystina your order.
And last but not least, Episode #5 of “Behind the Greek Apron” will be up in the next few days!! We had a new Greek Food Blogger on our podcast so much fun. I will let you know when it goes live. 🙂
Gotta go 🙂 Wishing everyone a great morning/afternoon/evening!!
Spinach, Potatoe and Egg Bake Recipe
- 250 grams fresh baby spinach
- 500 grams potatoes sliced or cubed into a smaller size
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika spice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Wash baby spinach and set it aside to dry. Add olive oil, chopped onion, and baby spinach into the pan. Stir consistently until spinach has withered.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika spice into a bowl. Stir and pour over potatoes. Give the potatoes a few stirs. Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are baked add spinach and onion mix and stir.
- The last step is to add in the eggs. Place pan into the oven and bake until eggs are ready.
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂