I know that everyone, even me enjoys the BBQ. Eating those thick, juicy, hardy grilled hamburgers…yum yum. But there is also another version in regards to cooking hamburgers, roasting. This recipe’s hamburger taste’s just as delicious as the grilled hamburger, roasted together with potatoes based in lemon, oregano, thyme. A homemade recipe from beginning to end. 🙂
ROASTED OVEN HAMBURGERS WITH LEMON AND OREGANO POTATOES
- 800 grams Beef
- 2 medium size Onions diced
- 2 grated Fresh Tomatoes
- 3 pieces of stale bread
- 2 tablespoons of Red Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon of Oregano
- 1 tablespoon of Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 10 Potatoes Sliced
- 2 Lemons squeezed
- 2 cups Water
- First, start off by putting the stale bread into water to soak for about 5 minutes, or if you keep stale bread in your freezer, let it soak for about 15 minutes. Slice potatoes into 4 halves, and wash thoroughly before placing into the baking pan. Layer potatoes at the base of the pan, and sprinkle oregano, salt and pepper, and pour 1/2 cup of olive oil, toss.
- In a bowl toss in the beef, diced onions, grated tomatoes, red vinegar, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper. If your stale bread has softened up then add this into your bowl and blend by using your hands, so that it all combines nicely. Form 4 large patties and place onto potatoes. Pour the rest of the Olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper, and add 2 cups of water.
- Tip: Stale bread and red vinegar helps the hamburger mix stay juicy, and soft while roasting.
- Bake for 1 hour and 180 degrees.