A new week has begun and I am starting the day with this simple and sooo tasty recipe. This roasted olive with feta cheese garlic dish is a great starter, appetizer. We Greeks love appetizers! Believe me, when it comes to appetizers sometimes, I prefer appetizers to the main course. There are so many to choose from so why have the main course if you can eat so many other delicious little treats.
If you love Olives and Feta cheese then here is a recipe for you. Combine your favorites olives, oregano, salt, olive oil and roast them in the oven. Let’s not forget to add a few garlic cloves just to give it a bit more taste. I made two batches one with no garlic and one with garlic the no garlic was for me. I usually dip fresh bread and never get enough of it. If you have never tried this appetizer but love olives, I would advise you to try it out. 🙂
I usually buy olives that are not in a can or jar. If you do decide to use either one then wash and dry before cooking. I once bought canned and found that the taste was odd and so I prefer to wash thoroughly with water.
Have a good one everyone!!
Roasted Olives, Feta Cheese and Garlic Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Green and Black Olives
- 2 tbsp Oregano fresh or dry
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Feta Cheese cubed or crumbled
- Salt pinch
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees or 375
- If you are going to use a can or jar of olives wash thoroughly and dry before cooking.
- Place olives into baking pan
- Add olive oil, oregano, garlic, feta cheese, a pinch of salt. Give it a good stir and place the pan into the oven for 15 minutes. Serve hot or cold
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂