I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Well, the Bailey’s Irish Cheese Cake I made the other day was a success. Everyone loved it, and it disappeared rather quickly. 🙂 I was a bit worried that it might not be liked because I had never made it before so glad everyone enjoyed it!!
My weekend was quiet, I had planned on making something different yesterday but plans changed rather quickly. Hubby is not feeling well, sore throat, coughing, etc. so I made chicken soup for him and a Pasta dish for me. I love eating smaller versions of pasta, than the usual long pasta like Spaghetti, don’t get me wrong, I do love Linguini topped with a lovely tomato sauce and Parmesan Cheese or my favorite Greek Cheese for pasta topping Kefalotyri.
I have made this pasta dish many times before by using cubed chicken instead of bacon which tastes just as good. I usually put in just a dash of Olive Oil when frying the chicken, but this time I decided to use margarine an Italian brand named Bertolli, (they originally started out with Olive Oil) unsalted margarine which I find to be so tasty in my opinion. I sometimes use this to make homemade doughs for my pies for example Spinach pie, or Cheese pie. The olive oil within the butter just gives the dough a smoother texture, which is much easier to work with when kneading by hand, and when baked it has a delicious taste to it. 🙂
If your local supermarket carries the Bertolli Brand Butter with Olive Oil give it a try and let me know what you think. 🙂
Wishing everyone a good week!! 🙂
PASTA FARFALLE WITH MUSHROOM & BACON GARNISH
- 1 package Pasta Farfalle
- 1 1/2 cups of Mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup grams of Bacon or Chicken
- 1/2 cup of dry White Wine
- 3 tablespoons of Butter or Margarine
- 1 1/2 cup of Vegetable Broth
- Fresh Parsley
- Boil pasta in salted water…(you can use which ever pasta you prefer)
- Dice mushrooms
- Cut bacon or chicken into cubes. (I was able to find cubed bacon in the local supermarket)
- Add bacon into frying pan along with just a teaspoon of butter, and stir just until golden brown.
- Continue by adding in the mushrooms.
- Add in wine and vegetable broth and simmer for 5 minutes, then add in the rest of the ingredients except for the butter.
- Once the wine and broth have evaporated add in the butter & parsley, simmer for 15 minutes or until butter has been absorbed.
- Add as a topping on pasta with Parmesan Cheese or Kefalotyri or your personal favorite cheese.