Hi everyone, while I was drinking my morning coffee looking out the window and watching the rain, ( I live in the Netherlands and it rains quite often, so this was not much of a shocker 🙂 can’t really complain, the weather has been good to us so far). Anyway, I came up with PASTA!, I believe we are all lovers of pasta dishes and this dish is similar to the Italian Spaghetti Bolognese but with a slight twist. The Italian dish has pieces of meat and cream, where as this recipe has minced beef, and no cream.
This dish is a favorite among the Greek Cuisine, hope you enjoy it!!
PASTA BOLOGNESE ALA GREEK STYLE
- 1 package of Pasta
- 700 grams minced beef
- 3 – 4 cooking Butter
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 handful grated Cheese
- 1 large grated Onion
- 1/2 small glass of Red Wine
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Paste or 4 fresh grated Tomatoes or canned diced tomatoes
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Salt and Pepper
- chopped Parsley optional
- Boil pasta in salted water and 3 teaspoons of olive oil. Strain and place back into the pot and pour 1 tablespoon of cooking butter.
- Tip: Once you have strained your pasta and it is placed back into the pot, just toss it around a few times and then cover with a towel. This trick helps absorb the heat from the pasta and does not stick together.
- In a large sauce pan, saute the ground beef, with 2 tablespoons of butter or Olive oil and stir. Add grated onion, sugar, grated tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, parsley, cinnamon stick, a good dash of salt and pepper and 1 handful of grated cheese, water (just enough to cover the mixture), stir and simmer for 30 minutes. If you see that after 30 minutes the sauce has not come together, let it simmer for another 15 minutes until all ingredients have combined. Top it with Cheese.