I love Eggplants, and since this recipe is a favorite of mine, I wanted to share it with you. For everyone who loves Eggplants, this is a delicious and simple dish! 🙂
OVEN BAKED EGGPLANTS WITH FETA CHEESE
- 6 Eggplants
- 500 grams of Feta Cheese
- 5 Fresh Tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon of Tomato Paste
- 2 cloves of Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped Basil
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 cup water
- Wash Eggplants with water, and then cut into circular pieces. In a large bowl filled with water and 1 teaspoon of salt, add in the Eggplants and let them sit for about 1/2 hour.
- In the meantime start the sauce, by adding into a large sauce pan a few dashes of Olive Oil. Toss in the diced Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, Sugar, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Oregano, Tomato Paste and 1 cup of water. Let the sauce boil on low heat until thickened.
- Drain the Eggplants, and wash thoroughly, then take a piece of Cooking paper or Aluminum foil, brush with a bit of Olive Oil before adding the Eggplants. The Eggplants should be about 1 inch apart from each other. Sprinkle Olive Oil over the Eggplants, and then pop them into the oven for about 15 minutes, turn them over at least one time.
- Tip: You can also fry the Eggplants, instead of baking them if you prefer.
- Take the baking pan and a bit of sauce on the bottom and some Feta cheese. Add on a layer of Eggplants, then sauce and top with Feta cheese. Continue layering until all your ingredients have finished. Finish off by adding in the 1/2 cup of Olive oil and pop into the oven,
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.