Goedemorgen 🙂 Ik hoop alles goed :)…ok well as you can see I do have the basics down in the Dutch language…not enough to fully have a normal conversation but getting there. I had another lesson yesterday, and I know I have mentioned this before that this is a difficult language to learn but when you have the right teacher then with time it gets easier. I really enjoy going to my lesson because my teacher is absolutely fantastic! She is funny, calm and has a great sense of humor so along with the lesson we do have a few giggles. 🙂
Yesterday I decided to walk instead of taking the bike, 🙂 and for the first day of Spring it was sunny, chilly but lovely..:) When my lesson was over I popped into the super market to pick up some Shrimps for a pasta recipe that I was going to make. Ouzo does make all the difference in this dish. 🙂
LINGUINE WITH HOT AND SPICY SHRIMPS & A TOMATO,OUZO SAUCE (GARIDOMAKARONADA)
- 1 package of Linguine any pasta you prefer
- 500 grams Shrimps
- 1 Onion diced optional
- 4 Fresh Tomatoes chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Tomato Paste optional
- 1/2 cup Ouzo
- 1 Chilli chopped optional
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Bukovo hot pepper flakes
- Wash and drain shrimps…if you buy frozen shrimp leave them out for at least 4 hrs, to defrost.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- In a large pot add water, shrimps and bay leaves and boil for 20 minutes.
- Before draining the shrimps separate 2 cups of this water. Boil salted water for pasta and add in the 2 cups of water that was set aside.
- In a separate sauce pan add the olive oil, and tomatoes cook for 15 minutes.
- Continue by adding in the Ouzo.
- Add the shrimps and the rest of the ingredients. Cook for 1 hour on medium heat and until sauce has thicken. If you dont have hot pepper flakes you can use 1 chilli, it is best to chop it and then add it into the shrimp sauce.