It was time to leave Soup recipes for a while and move on to PASTAAAAA!! This Linguine with Gorgonzola Walnut Sauce Recipe is for those who love sweet and salty. One Blue Cheese that I am quite fond of is the Gorgonzola Blue Cheese. Gorgonzola Blue Cheese is a buttery and salty blue cheese that I add to my omelets, rice, and pasta sauces. If you do eat Gorgonzola then you know that this is a salty blue cheese, so to reduce the saltiness I sometimes like to add fruit, apples to be exact. The apple of choice is usually Granny Smith Apples I just love the tangy sharp taste of these apples. Do you?
I remember the first time I added fruit and nuts into my salad, my father in law was shocked. I asked him if he had ever tried something similar. He responded by saying “fruits and nuts are not for salads,”. My father in law is a curious man so he went and grabbed a fork and tried a bit of my salad. He did say that he liked it but I could tell from his facial expression Nooo Nooppee Nooo wayyyy!! I do understand that most might not enjoy this sauce because of the apple, but how will you know if you do like it if you don’t give it a try. 🙂
Just a small note I prefer using Linguine for this recipe but you can use any type of pasta.
Have a great week and stay safe peeps!!
Linguine with Gorgonzola Walnut Sauce
- 1½ cups apple granny smith (optional)
- 1 onion diced
- 100 grams vegetable stock
- 1½ tbsp butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 150 grams gorgonzola blue cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ package linguine
- parsley garnish (optional)
- dill garnish (optional)
- Boil apples in water until tender. Add olive oil, butter, walnuts, and gorgonzola into a saucepan. Stir consistently under blue cheese melts. Add-in diced onion, and vegetable stock boil until thick.
- Once the sauce has thickened pour into a blender and beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Place back into the saucepan and add lemon juice. Stir consistently
- Boil pasta as recommended. Drain and top with walnut sauce, parsley, and dill.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂