Hey there everyone,
Hope everyone is well. I haven’t been able to cook or post recipes the past few months and so I will be reposting a few that were liked by you.
Happy Kathari Deutera…2022 – Sophie
Hey there foodie friends,
A simple Lagana Greek Flatbread Recipe that even beginners can pull off. This flatbread is prepared on Kathara Deutera or otherwise known as Ash Monday. In the Greek Religion, Kathara Deutera is the first day of Lent. On the first day of Lent, we celebrate by eating delicious greek treats, finger food, dips.
Generally, most Greek cooks do make their own Lagana. This Lagana Greek Flatbread Recipe is very simple, just a few ingredients are needed but what you do need most is patience, at least two hours of it.
Lagana is an oval-shaped thin bread with a few ingredients. If you have tried out baking bread then you know patience is the main ingredient. Now, patience I know is something most of us at the moment don’t have any more with everything that is going on in the world. But believe me, if you do have the time and patience give it a try.
Lagana is also an excellent choice of bread for sandwiches.
Lagana Greek Flatbread Recipe
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose-flour
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1½ cup lukewarm water
- sesame seeds
- Add flour into a medium-size bowl.
- Add dry yeast on side of the flour
- Add salt on the other side of the flour.
- Slowly add in lukewarm water and use your hands to knead until it turns into dough.
- Cover and set aside to rise for 2 hours
- Place parch paper onto a baking pan. Use your hands to roll out the dough, use your fingers to make indents into the bread dough. Top with sesame seeds and oregano.
- Bake at 180 or 375 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.