Hello dear foodie friends,
How are you? I hope you are all enjoying your summer. Hot days, beaches, garden hangouts with friends and family, BBQs are what summer is all about right? I know that this once again is a difficult summer for most and I include myself. One of my utmost favorite summer drinks is of course homemade lemonade. But with a twist adding sparkling water makes this a wholllleee lotttt better.
Homemade lemonade was a staple in our home. My mom used to prepare a large jug of lemonade filled with ice, slices of lemons, and mint. Yep, mom used to add mint believe it or not. Of course, back then we didn’t have sparkling water so tap water was the only way to go. This homemade lemonade is actually a lemonade syrup and adding sparkling water gives it a great twist and boost. I think I love lemons just as much as I love dill. hahahaha So, this drink is extra special to me because I have a two-in-one favorite drink. Sparkling water and fresh lemon juice. 🙂
I know that this once again is a difficult summer for most and I include myself. Many are still not sure if they will be traveling or spending the summer at home again. Whatever the case may be for each and everyone one of us we need or shall I say just enjoy it the best we can.
Don’t forget you can alter the ingredients to your liking, and this is also a delicious summery drink for entertaining. 🙂
Have a nice day everyone!!!
Homemade Sparkling Lemonade Recipe
- 5 lemons sliced and squeezed
- ¾ cups fine sugar
- 4 lemon slices
- mint optional
- sparkling water (aka soda water)
- Use a citrus juicer or hand squeeze lemons.
- Add sugar to the lemon juice and stir.
- Add both ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil on high heat. Boil until it turns into a simple syrup.
- Set aside Lemon Syrup to chill before serving. Add syrup into a pitcher.
- In a medium-size glass add half sparkling water and lemon syrup. Add a slice of lemon and mint a few ice cubes and serve.
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂