What a combination Mushrooms, Spinach and of course cheeseeeee…This is a different recipe from the one I usually like to bake. This time I have Greek cheese that my mom brought over from Greece Yayyyy, and I have added dill instead of parsley. The usual recipe calls for heavy cream, fresh scallions, garlic, which for a late evening snack I thought it would be just a bit to much after the Christmas dinner we had the other day. Hope you enjoy this recipe….:)
DIVINE SPINACH, MUSHROOM & CHEESE QUICHE (TARTA ME SPANAKI, MANITARIA & TYRIA)
- 1 Pastry Dough homemade or store bought
- 400 grams Spinach washed and drained
- 1 Onion diced optional
- 2 Garlic Cloves grated optional
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Dill
- 200 grams Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Greek Graviera Cheese or Swiss Cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Mild Mustard
- Salt Pepper, Paprika
- Cut mushrooms into halfs.
- Add the dill to eggs.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter add onion for about 3 minutes. Then add mushrooms and spinach. Toss in salt, pepper, paprika and simmer until spinach has withered.
- Beat eggs with dill.
- Grate the Graviera or Swiss Cheese.
- and the Parmesan Cheese.
- Roll dough into the baking pan and brush the base with mustard.
- In a large bowl add the egg – dill mix into the spinach – mushroom mix. Add the mixture into the dough by spreading it out.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes and until crust is golden brown.