Hiiii, I have made this Chocolate Tiramisu many times before, and what I like about it is that it is different from the usual Italian version. Not that I don’t love that version don’t get me wrong I love Tiramisu, this one just differs in the base. It is made with semi sweet chocolate, espresso and coffee liqueur. Nice combination right! 🙂 Even though I am not a big lover of chocolate, like I have mentioned before…I do enjoy a piece of this tiramisu once in a while…:)
I tend to make this recipe in a bowl and not in a baking pan. (you can choose which ever you prefer) What I usual do is a have a large serving spoon, and just serve it this way. I hope you enjoy this recipe!!
- 500 grams semi sweet chocolate
- 300 ml. whip cream
- 125 ml strong Espresso or strong filtered coffee
- 250 grams lady fingers
- 500 grams Mascarpone Cheese
- 500 ml. whip cream
- 50 ml Coffee Liqueur
- 100 grams Cocoa for topping
- Add 300 ml. of heavy cream along with the espresso or strong filtered coffee into a sauce pan. Keep in mind do not bring this to a boil, let it simmer and stir until you see the first bubbles.
- Pour the espresso cream mix into the semi-sweet chocolate and stir with a spoon or fork until the chocolate starts to melt.
- Once the chocolate has melted start to whip.
- In a large bowl add in the lady fingers and pour in the chocolate mix. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about an 1 hour, so that the chocolate base can cool.
- While the chocolate base is cooling off in the refrigerator, you can work on the Tiramisu filling. In a large bowl, add the Mascarpone cheese and the coffee liqueur and mix. (I use Tia Maria as the coffee liqueuMix both ingredients together until it is a smooth base.
- Add whip cream into mascarpone mix and whip for a few minutes. Now, as for as I am concerned in regards to making whip cream, not really good at it. 🙁 I have tried many times to do it but it just doesn’t work out. Soooo, I buy ready made whip cream. 🙂
- Spread whip cream and top off with Cocoa 🙂