Hey there everyone! Friday and the end of the week again, but this one for some reason seemed that it just wouldn’t end. uffff I keep thinking about beaches, vacation time and well just everything else except for what I am suppose to be thinking about. I don’t know if its the full moon that we are suppose to be having tonight, or just that we are heading towards the end of June and we still have a few more months before we actually leave for a few days. 🙂 So, my attention span in regards to my seminars and courses is minimal to almost nothing hahahahaha, Is it just me or are you all feeling the same way? It’s a good thing Wimbledon is starting next week 🙂 🙂
Anyway, this weekend it’g going to be a hot one at least this is what I read but I’m not sure, the weather keeps changing from hot to warm to cold!! I wore my jacket at the beginning of the week because the temp didn’t go higher than 17 degrees and its the end of June!! But on the other hand believe it or not it did snow in Greece on Wednesday. 🙂 Yep, it sure did!!
I headed over to our local Fish Store this morning along with Charlie and picked up some Calamari to make this easy sea food recipe. The owner had just brought in a fresh batch so I was lucky, I picked up a few and headed back home to get ready to start my courses. What I love about this recipe is that you can eat it cold like let’s say a delicious Pasta Salad. 🙂
CALAMARI WITH MINI PENNE NOODLES
- 4 cups Calamari or 2 large Calamari sliced into rings
- 3 cups of short Pasta Noodles
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1 Leek chopped
- 1 large Onion diced
- 4 Fresh Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 or 2 Bay Leaves
- Dice Leek and Onion..
- Slice the Calamari into rings.
- Slice tomatoes and then in a large pot add in the olive oil and heat on low heat. Add in the diced leek and onions and stir.
- Continue by adding in the sliced Calamari, tomatoes, tomato paste and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour in the wine and cook for about 20 minutes on medium to high heat.
- Add salt and pepper and 1 litre of water & noodles.
- Stir and cook for 30 minutes. Once the tomato sauce has thickened its ready to be served with delicious fresh bread and some Parmesan Cheese as a topping. I didn’t top it with cheese this time around..:)