I found this fun recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and I was so eager to try it out. But first things first, I should thank the blogger for this recipe, http://thebestideasforkids.com , they truly were very easy to make, and I had a lot of fun. 🙂 I loved the fact that you could play with colors and it looked like so easy to prepare. I thought this would be a nice change for Christmas than the usual traditional Desserts.
This was my first try, and I think they came out pretty good 🙂 But the only mishap I had was that I was aiming for a Red color and I got Pink instead!! hahahahha What do you think? I guess this is what you get when you don’t know much about using colors. 🙂 pffff. But since this is my first try, and I am happy with the result I will definitely try to make them again before Christmas. One of my friends mentioned that “they still look festive”, so I will just go with that for now. Calling out to those FABULOUS Artists I know what do I need to do to get the RED COLOR??
I will make a few traditional Greek desserts but this was way more fun than working with flour, eggs, and butter. etc etc etc. hehehehe
Have a good day!!
Christmas Cake Pops
- 1 Sponge Cake
- ½ cup Icing
- 2 cups White Chocolate
- 5 tbsp Red Coloriing
- 1 package Lollipop Sticks
- 1 cup Sprinkles
- Place Cake into a food processor or blender. High speed to crumble
- In a large bowl add crumbled cake and icing. Stir until combined
- Scoop out dough and make into bite size shape
- Melt White Chocolate and add coloring. Stir
- Dip the stick into the icing before placing it into cake bite.
- Sprinkle and set aside to dry.