How was everyone’s weekend? I hope that my blogger friends in the states enjoyed the best you could your 4th of July weekend. If you did anything special I would love to hear about it. 🙂 Do you love to eat sandwiches? Are you tired of the same old sandwich sound like a commercial…hehehehe I have seen a gazillion ready-made versions of sandwiches in the supermarkets and shops. But have you ever tried a baked sandwich? And no I don’t mean grilled, this is totally different.
I do and this one of my favorite sandwiches. I love to bake my sandwiches, it might sound strange to some but if you have never tried a baked sandwich well this is your chance. Salmon, melted cheese, tomato, and rucola with a dab of truffle mayo on whole-wheat bread. And when you pour a bit of olive oil, sprinkle a pinch of salt on the bread and bake it before for a few minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients.
Crunchy bread makes all the difference!!
Don’t forget to preheat the oven, place bread with olive oil and salt in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Have a good week everyone!!
Baked Mozzarella, Tomato, Rucola, Salmon Sandwich
- 2 Whole Wheat Rolls
- 4 slices Salmon thinly sliced (optional)
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup Rucola
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- 6 slices Mozzarella Cheese sliced (you can choose any cheese that melts)
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- Pinch of Salt
- Spread olive oil onto both sides of the bread. Sprinkle dash of salt
- Spread ruccola onto bread
- then add the sliced tomatoes
- continue by adding the sliced cheese of your choice.
- Lastly, add on layer rucola, a layer to tomatoes, mozzarella, garnish with oregano, and then add Salmon. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 in the oven until bread become crispy.
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂