Hello foodie friends, 🙂
Back with another recipe today, Pastaaaaa let’s all say P A S T A!!! I love Italian Food, Lasgana, Linguini, Tagliatte Pasta. i think I love Italian food just as much as I do Greek food. A few years ago, while driving down to the port of Ancona with hubby to catch the ship for Greece, we stopped and entered an Italian Supermarket, or otherwise known in Italy as Supermerkato. I started to walk around and finally found the Pasta Isle. I was shocked at what I had encountered. Shelves from top to bottom filled with Pasta, I counted 7 Isles of Pasta. Seriously!!
The original Italian recipe for Cannelloni stuffed with Spinach, also calls for Basil and Ricotta Cheese. So, I thought it was definitely time to tweak, and so I did many many years ago. 🙂 I omitted the Ricotta cheese, Basil and added light Cream Cheese, Dill and Parmesan into the filling. The outcome was amazing!
One of the reasons why I enjoy cooking so much is because I feel like a scientist, always experimenting, mixing up ingredients. Like a mix and match combination. hehehehe
Now, here is a bit of information you may not know. Last week, I spoke with a student from Italy, actually from the area of Bologna. She told me that Spaghetti Bolognese does not exsist in that region. It is actually a phrase that Tourists came up with over the years. 🙂 The original Bolognese recipe is made with homemade Tagliatte! I was surprised when she told me.
That’s about it for now 🙂 Wishing you all a great day!!
Baked Cannelloni with Spinach and light Cream Cheese Recipe
- 800/5 grams/cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Dill (chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbs Smoked Paprika
- 2 cups Ligh Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 15 pieces Cannelloni
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 cups Homemade Tomato Sauce/ready made sauce
- Wash and Drain Spinach
- Add 1 cup of water into a sauce pot and boil Spinach for 1 minute.
- Drain and cool Spinach.
- Place Spinach, Light Cream Cheese, Eggs, Parmesan Cheese, Salt, Smoked Paprika, Dill into a Food Processor and blend for a few seconds.
- Fill Cannelloni Spinach mix.
- Layer the bottom part of the baking pan. Continue to place the Cannelloni and top with Homemade Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese.
- Cover the baking pan with a piece of Aluminum Foil and baked for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂