Our little neighborhood Dutch Cook Shop

Hello everyone πŸ™‚

I was walking around our historical town, which is about 2 blocks from where my house is by foot, and thought to myself that you might enjoy seeing a Dutch Cook Shop.Β  I came across this store when we first moved here a few years ago and just fell in love with it.

The two lovely ladies who just happen to have the same name Anne and AnneΒ who own and have been running this little gem for 20 years, have everything believe it or not that a cook needs to use from pots,Β  pans to any utensil possible.Β  I have always found everythingΒ  that I need from bowls to baking pans and even a specific bowl that I need for kneading dough πŸ™‚Β  Β Β As you can see from the pictures it has many different types of cookware, glassware from Dutch to American and various other countries and ohhh!! some of the handmade bowls are just absolutely stunning.Β

When I first walked into the store I noticed this cookware design that was really pretty a brand called Blond Amsterdam. Β Anne, back then explained to me that this is a Dutch brand…I loved the concept and the colors that are used for this cookware pink, green, and to be honest I had no idea the Dutch made cookware…it really never crossed my mind.Β  πŸ™‚

So, I have decided, that since I am living in the Netherlands and I do enjoy to travel, that I will start to visit other places in the Netherlands and take pictures and upload them on my new blog so that you guys can see the Netherlands from my point of view.Β  I have not yet come up with a name but I will absolutely let you know.

IMG-7e657e1332c998131101fc207fa7725a-V

IMG-68fd5e2ac03e3e8ab9d59de1228b767e-V

P1000670

P1000671

P1000672

P1000674

P1000675

P1000681

This is Anne, well one of the owners…:)

P1000676

I hope you have enjoyed this little tour of my favorite little cookshop…oh!! we also have a Dutch Cheese Shop in the town center…this will be my next little post.Β Β

Have a nice day everyone.

Sophie

Advertisements

26 Comments Add yours

1. Ben Aqiba says:

Great picture and post too. I believe that we all have our favorite places to shop :)Thank you

Liked by 3 people

1. foodzesty says:

Hi Ben, Yes we do πŸ™‚

2. Megala says:

Looks like a great place to buy crockery & cutlery !

Liked by 2 people

1. foodzesty says:

It is cute and I don’t have to go running into the city center

3. mistimaan says:

Just loved it……well written and good pictures πŸ™‚

4. PS says:

Looks very nice place and I guess easy to locate your kitchen essentials.

Liked by 2 people

1. foodzesty says:

Yes, it has anything we cooks need in our kitchen πŸ™‚ I am sure you must have one in your neighborhood πŸ™‚

1. PS says:

Yes, we do have.quite costly though, but have many cool stuff.

2. foodzesty says:

I know what you mean by costly. I go by many times and just look…I shop once every blue moon πŸ™‚

3. PS says:

True in my case as well. Some are not worthy to pay but some are so techy couldn’t resist sometimes. There are lot of useful gadget out there they are really really useful to make our life easier. But it’s fun to have this kind of shop around.

4. foodzesty says:

Yes, it is as much as I love going window shopping for clothes or bags but just window shopping. I enjoy window shopping for my cooking habits. πŸ™‚

5. dtills says:

So cute! but a cheese shop! OOH ya!

6. Awwww, how I miss those Dutch stores!!! πŸ™‚ I used to have one favourite one in Eindhoven! πŸ™‚

1. foodzesty says:

They do have good cooking products πŸ™‚ But I do know you have good one also in the UK πŸ™‚

1. ThatΒ΄s true! πŸ™‚ These two countries have lot of similarities πŸ™‚

2. foodzesty says:

Both countries are absolutely beautifull..But I think we should choose Switzerland to live its closer for both of us. hahahahhahaha

3. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ as you are reading my mind! πŸ˜€

7. Cute store, can’t wait to see your new blog as well!πŸ€—

1. foodzesty says:

πŸ™‚ still need to come up with a good name hmmmm still stuck on that πŸ™‚

8. MoJo says:

My credit card would be smoking hot after I left that shop. Looks awesome!

Liked by 1 person

9. This store looked small from the outside picture, but big inside with so many wonderful cooking items. Wonderful for you to share with us shops from the Netherlands! http://www.brilliantviewpoint.com. :).

1. foodzesty says:

Thank you so much…I thought it would be a nice idea….Like your blog..:)

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you. I enjoy learning about new things too!