Aubergine dip (Melitzanosalata)

on

Hello,  I received a lovely message from a follower late last night, that tried the recipe I had posted a while back “Baked Aubergine with Feta Cheese”.  It was so nice to hear that he had tried this recipe and  his family loved it.  His exact words were “Simply delicious” . 🙂    I was very happy to read this and it just made me smile. 🙂

So, after this and I have mentioned before that I do love Eggplants I made this dip that I think you might enjoy.  The Greek cuisine has many different types of Appetizers besides Tzatziki which is the top contender of the bunch.   Just a small fact about the Eggplant which is considered a berry, just like the watermelon, tomato, and the blueberry, and yet it is considered a vegetable in the Culinary world, what an interesting fact.

This is such a scrumptious recipe for the summer and so easy to make.  It is a great dip to add too your menu  if your having a summer party.  🙂  Oh!! I will be posting another Appetizer that involves Shrimps very soon. 🙂

Ingredients:

2 Aubergines

2 cloves of  Garlic (If you like a strong taste of Garlic, you can add as much as you like)

1/2 cup Olive Oil

Salt

Pepper

2 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar

Preparation:

P1000153

Wrap each Eggplant separately in aluminum foil, pierce with a knife all around the Eggplant, and bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour or until very soft.  Once taken out of the oven let them cool off completely before started the peeling process.

P1000155

P1000156

Peel the skin off the eggplant and add them into your food processor and mix until smooth, then add in the garlic.  Pour the mix into a bowl and slowly pour in the Olive Oil while mixing with a fork, add in the vinegar, salt, pepper and continue the mixing process.  Your dip has to have a smooth texture, if  the Oil is not enough, just add a bit more until it is smooth.

P1000157

Place in the refrigerator to cool for a while before eating.  Some do enjoy eating this dip warm but I think the taste is stronger eaten cold.  🙂

Kali Orexi!!!  🙂

Advertisements

14 Comments Add yours

1. Megala says:

Beautiful dip!
    Yes, it is a great feeling to know others trying our recipes!

Liked by 2 people

1. foodzesty says:

Hi Megala, Thank you for your comment and it sure is so rewarding :)….

Liked by 1 person

2. chefkreso says:

Lovely dip, I think it would be great with tortilla chips 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. foodzesty says:

Thank you! Yes, its great with chips, 😊

Liked by 1 person

1. foodzesty says:

Thank you!!!! 😊😊😊

3. This looks yum…I love the taste of feta cheese ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. Sorry posted just half the comment – I will check out the baked aubergine recipe too 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. foodzesty says:

No problem thank you 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Interesting.. I have never had a Aubergine dip☺️ what does it go well with best?

Liked by 1 person

1. foodzesty says:

Hello, except for the usual crackers, and chips, tt’s great to eat with meat. BBQ, steaks, hamburgers, etc. If you oven bake small pieces of bread sprinkled with olive oil and dip it in this dip it is delicious. :)….Have a good month…Sophie

1. Ohhh nice☺️☺️ Thank you

Liked by 1 person

2. foodzesty says:

Your so welcome…Thank you so much for stopping by my blog…Much appreciated. Sophie…