Créme Caramelé

Hi!!  The heatwave is finally over, hoorayyyy but we have rain on and off during the day. 🙂  Our basset hound Charlie, who is now 1 year old,  was really having a rough time with the heat last week, as we all did but I did my best to keep him cool with those cool collars. If you have not tried them yet, please do they really work!!  He is now running around and enjoying his walks and playing with all the other little doggies…:)

When it’s hot I like to make different sorts of desserts that are refrigerated instead of always going for Ice Cream. Not that I don’t love  Ice Cream!!! I’m just saying. 🙂 So, I made this very easy and enjoyable summer dessert called Cremé Caramelé. I do understand that it is not summer all over the world, but it will be at some point, so keep this dessert in mind as a cool off. 🙂  Buuuttt you can always make this dessert during the winter time, and enjoy eating it with a nice warm cup of Hot Chocolate or a nice big cup of Cappucino or whatever warm drink you enjoy.  🙂

1 liter Milk

1 cup Sugar

6 Eggs

2 pieces of Lemon Peel

2 small powdered Vanillas / 1 Vanilla stick

4 Tin baking forms/ Silicone forms

1 Baking Pan

1 cup Sugar

1/4 cup Water

1 teaspoon Lemon Juice

In a small sauce pan on low heat, we add in all the ingredients for the Caramelé, we stir slowly until it turns into a golden brown color.  When it’s done we pour the Caramelé into our tin or silicone baking pans and turn to cover all sides and set aside to cool off.

At the same time start to warm up the milk in another sauce pan, add in the lemon peel plus the vanillas.  Whisk eggs with sugar in a separate bowl, once the milk has come to a boil start to slowly add into the egg mixture and continue to stir until it has all blended together nicely.  Pour the mixture into your pans.

Take a large baking pan and add water, it should reach approximately half of the baking pan.  Add your tin pans into the watered baking pan and bake for 50 minutes at 180 degrees. (keep on eye on the water in the pan this part is very crucial).   After about 50 minutes, set aside for about an hour to cool off.  Then place in the refrigerator overnight…and you can enjoy your lovely dessert the following day.

Tip:  I add in the lemon peel, because I like to give the Cremé/Custard a bit of a taste to it.

I hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂

Kali Orexi!!!

25 Comments Add yours

1. Eva@L.E.EBakers says:

YUM!! This looks awsome!

Liked by 2 people

2. dtills says:

ooh yum, I love caramel!

Liked by 2 people

3. This looks yum 😍 Glad Charlie is enjoying the weather now 🙂💕

Liked by 2 people

1. foodzesty says:

I really love the color combinations and the love the outfitsss….definitely my style. :)…Thank you Charlie is doing great now…:)

1. Thanks so much Sophie…glad you like them ❤

2. foodzesty says:

Have a lovely day 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. I saved some of your recipients, they look really good. I would love to see more!

1. foodzesty says:

Thanks!!! Just started this blog about 3 months ago, very very new to this and learning.

Liked by 1 person

1. Me too, I started in march. Keep on going, blogging is fun. If you ever feel tired of it I’ve learned by almost quitting that you need to take a break and it will get so much better. I would love to see your blog grow!

2. foodzesty says:

Your new too!!! hahaha Wow!! we started about the same time :)….

3. Awesome! I think I started on the 13th

4. foodzesty says:

I started a few on the 8th :)….

5. foodzesty says:

I do hope you continue to blog….I really enjoy your posts. I wish that your blog also grows!!!

Liked by 1 person

6. Thanks! So far on this trip. Oh wait I forgot to mention what I’m doing! I am going on a cross- country trip for 6 months around the two nations (America and Canada) to see them and so far I have been to a lot of places such as Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Etc.

7. foodzesty says:

Sounds exciting!!!!

8. That’s what’s going on, just so ya know 😉👍🏻

9. foodzesty says:

Can’t wait to read your next post! 🙂

10. foodzesty says:

I am having fun with the blog, and cooking is my thing. 🙂 I love meeting new bloggers and chatting with them about their posts. Just like I am doing with you. Haven’t come to the point of quitting yet hahahhaha.

11. Good, blogging is helpful in so many ways

12. foodzesty says:

ufff tell me about it…It has helped me quite a bit.